From 2004, Swanirvar started its regular intervention in Govt Primary schools. In the initial phase our main focus was to give extensive hand held trainings to the primary school teachers on joyful teaching, group works, TLM use, involving traditional knowledge in courses, teaching local History and Geography, continuous evaluation etc. Initially we selected a few schools for regular interventions and classified them into three categories based on our activities.
|Use of TLMs in class|
In 2005-06, we started work with Bhojpara Fatullapur Purba Para FP School. We gave part time classroom inputs and asked their teachers to be involved in our teacher’s training programme and workshops. In 2009-10, the situation changed when a new Headmaster, Rezaul Karim and a Para-teacher, Montaz Molla joined in that school. These teachers and local Shiksha Bandhu, Amal Mondal cooperated with us and did lot of changes in the school. There were different children committees with the specific roles like cleanliness, cultural activities, sports etc and the teachers actively participated in different subject trainings and workshops. They implemented these ideas that they learnt in the workshops and trainings. Gradually the school became a centre for joy. Presently there were 74 children ( class-I to IV) and 5 teachers and the rate of attendance was more than 80%.
Innovative activities in this school:
- Group activities and lot of work cards were being used.
- Innovative and colourful assemble –Song, Rhymes, Bratachari, Recitation,
- Regular action rhyme classes
- Active children committees
- The teachers were participating in trainings, workshops etc
- Continuous evaluation – use of worksheet etc
- Innovative English Class room
- Regular sahitya sabha
- Regular parents meet
- School became a centre of joy and amusements
- Parents are happy – actively participating in meetings and workshops
- Active children committees –leadership and regards to democratic process
- Special attention for weak children
- Curriculum framework and monthly action plan
- Teachers were implementing many new ideas in the classes.
- Some children who were not so interested in studies but doing excel in co-curricular activities.
|Colourful Assemble: managed by the children|
|Colourful Assemble: Fun and cumilative actions|
|Colourful Assemble: Amusements and GAmes|
Documentation Team, Swanirvar