|Training on Peer visit and analysis|
|Training on Art & Crafts|
We had found some gaps, misconceptions and ideas during implementation etc. This refresher would help them come out these situations. After the training they would be able to justify – learning ladder, designing curriculum, efficient class room management, new TLM making etc
Some of them would be able to work as trainers. They would gain the necessary confidence as a trainer.
Final evaluation and impact study.
On 11th July, 2011, our trainers, Prosanto Mondal, Gopal Mondal, Julkalam Ali and Biswanath Roy went for six days refresher training. After meeting the ten (10) trainee teachers of SVVPS we had found the follow changes in their schools.
• Lined up during the prayer time
• If Somebody failed to participate in the prayer, stand up outside school and wait to finish prayer and did the prayer from there
• All the students wear clean dresses, cut nails regularly
• They liked to work in a group
• Everybody knew the reason of absence of his friend
• Students expressed good social gestures (good morning, how are you ?etc.) to teachers and others
• Teacher told a story with children before starting a new lesson
• Explained topics with local realities
• Teachers did various puzzle works to avoid monotony
• Teachers used pictures, charts and work cards during their classes
• Teachers used lot of action rhymes and songs
• Sitting arrangements- row basis, circle and half circle
• Answered one by one
• Used various control skills
• Changed of mood through action rhymes, songs, story and drawing
• Teachers developed their works with situation analysis
• Used child to child approach
• Used different TLMs for weak and advance children
• Open ended questions
• Used charts, pictures and drawing in the question
• Used unseen passage in the questions
• Project evaluation
Details of the six days trainings:
New items discussed with the trainees:
a. Stakeholders of Primary Education
b. Minimum Learning Level –Bengali, mathematics and Environmental Science (Subject and class wise),
c. Learning Ladder
d. Friendship programme.
e. Capacity and expectancy
f. Art & Craft -Photo binding, making toys from wastes, origami etc
g. Audio visual show with interactive discussion.
h. Peer review visit and analysis
i. Lesson Plan; time break ups in class period;
Beside these all the subjective topics of Phase-I,II and III were vividly discussed in these six days. Handheld science experiments.They were also given training on participatory evaluation and monitoring.
|Hand held science experiments|