|Trainees in the arts & crafts session|
On 12th April, 2012 four Swanirvar staff went to the World Vision Schools for a pre-training visit. During our visit we found the following problems of this institution:
1. Teachers/ volunteers were enthusiastic but they had no trainings.
2. No lesson plan. Improper Class management.
3. Most of the parents were not aware about their kids and not at all interested in their studies. Most of them wanted to engage their child as a labour. Etc
On 4th May, 12 we discussed our observation with them and on 16th May they came to see our school and met with our trainers and teachers. They also met with our administrative officials. It was decided that Swanirvar would gave them a 5 day residential training to the teacher and volunteers.
The training was started on 21st May, 12 at the training hall of WBVHA Tower, Kolkata. 13 trainees participated in that training programme. They were given on the following items:
- Pre Primary children: Primary work, Sensorial activities, primary math, cultural activities
- Primary children: On Bengali: Letters knowing, word making, sentence making, sentence expansion,
- On EVS: classification living and non-living, materials that sink in the water and float on the water, nature made and manmade, primary colour to secondary colour, some games
- On math: number knowing, zero concept, place value, addition, subtraction, multiplication, Division and problem solving.
- On Art& craft: Fruit chain, tree making, circle, plain chain
- In all the session we taught them how to incorporate the TLMs and also given hand held trainings to use the TLMs in class room.
- They were also given trainings on making lesson plans and class room management.
Soon we will send our staff for the necessary follow-ups.